3D Printing Services
im体育线上登录, a leading 3D printing service provider, utilizes a wide range of 3D printing technologies and offers a wide range of polymer materials. We provide rapid prototyping services to create 3D prototypes, as well as rapid manufacturing services for printing production parts and products.
im体育线上登录 is one of the top 3D printing companies in the USA, utilizing the latest technologies and most advanced materials, along with with deep 3D printing technical knowledge, to provide quick turnaround, and save our customers time and money.
Technical Overview of 3D Printing
3D printing (also known as additive manufacturing ), is the term used to cover a variety of processes that can create three dimensional (3D) physical objects by building a product layer by layer. This is in contrast to two other traditional methods: subtractive machining processes like turning, lathing, and cutting, where material is removed from a block of material, and casting or molding, where a form is required to give the material the desired shape, and material is poured or injected into a mold. 3D printing has a few advantages over these methods:
- These processes remove material, so there is always waste; with 3D printing, little waste is produced, and in some processes, excess material can be recycled into a new print
- Cutting tools are required and they need to be maintained and periodically replaced; 3D printing does not require any additional tooling
- Some features cannot be created easily by material removal; 3D printing offers endless possibilities because of its starting point of a 3D design, and various technologies and materials can yield complex and detailed features
Casting or molding
- Requires the creation of tooling—the mold itself—which can be an expensive up front cost, and is only economically feasible if a large quantity of items are made; in 3D printing, any quantity of parts can be made at a reasonable cost, and the 3D design can be altered as frequently as necessary
- The part has to be able to be removed from the mold, so draft angles are required; the 3D design file allows for nearly any added detail, without particular attention needing to be paid to draft angles
- As in subtractive processes, some features, like thin walls, cannot be created; in 3D printing, the possibilities are endless
3D Printing Technologies
im体育线上登录 has a wide variety of available 3D printing technologies and in-house 3D printing machines, and is well-equipped to handle most any 3D printing project. We have the equipment and the expertise to provide 3D printing services for our customers in many different industries. At im体育线上登录, we utilize the following technologies:
- Stereolithography (SLA)
- Multi Jet Fusion (MJF)
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- PolyJet 3D Printing
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
Materials Used in 3D Printing
Depending on the 3D printing technology utilized and specifications of the part, there is a wide variety of materials that can be used by im体育线上登录 for the 3D printing of production parts and prototypes. Contact im体育线上登录 for assistance in determining the selection of materials available for your 3D printed products, or check out our individual services pages.
3D Printing Services from im体育线上登录 – Key Benefits
- Reduced design time and cost
- Reduced testing time and cost
- Testing can be based on form, fit, and function
- Quick iterative testing
- Fast part turn-around
- Wide variety of available prototype materials
- Confidentiality of product development is assured
Contact im体育线上登录 for 3D Printing Services
im体育线上登录 is a leading 3d printing company and provider of 3D printing services. Please contact us for more information on our 3D printing services or to request a quote .